We’re delighted to share our much loved brownie recipe. It’s adapted from a recipe published by Hodmedods. We’ve found a way to avoid the butter and eggs. Find the original HERE.
This brownie has been a staple dessert in our deli since we opened and for good reason! It’s rich, indulgent, fluffy and gluten free too!!
- 200g Vegan Chocolate
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300g Vitalite (or other vegan butter)
- 240g Caster Sugar
- 60g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cans Carlin Peas, drained
- 200g Ground Almonds
- 3 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Optional: Smooth Peanut Butter
Preheat fan oven to 170 C
- In a large bowl over simmering water, melt together the chocolate, butter, caster sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt, until smooth.
- In a food processor blend Carlin Peas with the ground almonds and baking powder to combine.
- Add the melted chocolate mix to the food processor and pulse until well mixed.
- Using a slide out bottom, 9” square tin, line the bottom with grease proof paper and grease the sides.
- Pour in the brownie mixture. Using a teaspoon, dot all over with peanut butter and use the handle to create a swirl.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx 45 – 55 mins, until just firm and starting to crack slightly on top.
- Optional, a splodge or two of peanut butter,
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin and cut into even squares.
We would love to hear how you get on with this recipe, so feel free to comment on this post or come into the deli and let us know!